Monday, August 27, 2012

Every fox has a tail...

Most of you will never understand and that's OK- my father and I share the same humor and often we are the only ones that really ever 'get it' or think it's funny. Scott is one of the few people that not only gets it but has been blessed with some odd humor of his own that he received from his own father.

We used to take family vacations in beautiful Sanibel Island, FL and to get there we drove for 2 days in the family van. Carrie and I always fought over the back seat because it had those few extra, precious inches of space. Driving such a long distance you are sure to hit a few pot holes or bumps along your journey and dad thought he was being clever by yelling "Alligator!" anytime we hit a bump. Carrie and I would scramble to the windows, surveying the road behind the van, looking for that poor alligator that we had just run over. On vacation this summer I was driving with my sister through a wetlands/marsh area in Primehook Beach, DE and shouted "Alligator!" Carrie followed immediately by "Where?!" and I just could not contain my laughter. Of course, she knew there weren't alligators, but our brains have been shaped by our fathers humor. 


Such is the story of our tails. Carrie and I had tails when we were babies. They cut them off when we were very, very little. Ask my mother or father, they will both tell you the same. A few days ago my mother sent me and Scott this email:

From: Carole Waddell
To: Sarah LaCoss; Scott LaCoss
Sent: Mon, Aug 20, 2012 7:37 pm
Subject: your baby
Ha, Ha! Right now your baby really does have a tail!

Love you!!!
xom


And today my pregnancy update email reported that the tail will disappear within a few more weeks. It was a little sad. Not that I want our baby to be born with a tail, but sad because we will never get to see the actual tail like my parents got to see mine, before it was removed. I guess we will just have to make up a story to tell our child....

PS. The baby is the size of a blueberry! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips