Friday, February 15, 2013

Music makes the world go 'round

...And Mumford and Sons makes Lincoln dance!

For Christmas this past year I gave Scott tickets to see Mumford and Sons at the Patriot Center in VA. So this week, we ventured to Fairfax for our first concert in a long time, and probably our last concert for a while, too :) Scott got a hotel room (with a King bed!) so that we wouldn't have to worry about driving back home late and when we checked into the room we found that they upgraded us to a room with a jacuzzi tub- SCORE! Although I am not supposed to get into a hot tub or any water that will raise my temperature over 102 degrees, I wasn't going to pass up the huge tub! I used it as a regular bathtub and took a long, nice and roomy bath before the concert. It was really a nice treat since our tub at home isn't very conducive to baths :)

Simple pleasures!

 As it started to snow, we headed out to the Patriot Center, which was only about 4 miles from our hotel. We had to park in the very corner of the farthest lot and as we walked to the arena, we passed several empty parking spaces, but sometimes you just take the first spot you see and are grateful for that space! I love the feeling that arises when I near closer and closer to a concert venue; the hum and energy from the other concert-goers gets me amped up and the excitement builds- that is what we were both feeling! We missed the opening acts (Haim and Ben Howard) due to traffic and pregnancy-related causes- since I had to use the bathroom (which had ridiculous lines, of course) and I was getting pretty hungry too. We decided on Pizza and couple in front of us got the last slices! Although they offered me one of their slices, we decided to wait for more to arrive and when it did- boy was it yummy! Our seats were in the very top, last row and getting up that high made me a big uneasy at first which was strange because heights have never had that affect on me before. Then we waited for what would end up being one of the best concerts we've ever been to, to begin. 

The light bulbs hung out over the crowd were really neat!


The guys put on a great show and sounded unbelievable. They came out onto a small stage, at the far end of the main stage, at the end of the show to sing two acoustic songs which was really neat too. 




Lincoln was moving the ENTIRE time, kicking and rolling. I am not one to listen to music loudly so this must have been quite an experience for him! Some of the songs got me emotional (I blame the hormones) - the guys just sounded SO great together and their voices were mesmerizing, and as I felt him moving I just couldn't stop thinking throughout the night how blessed I am to be bringing him into our lives. Scott took turns from clapping and snapping pictures to touch and rub my belly and I could tell he was just as amazed and happy as I was. As a finale, Ben Howard and Haim joined them back on stage to sing 'The Weight' by The Band which had a lot of energy. We didn't want it to end! But alas, the show must end, and as we left we couldn't stop talking about how amazing the concert was. We had a lot of fun, and as always, loved spending time together and sharing in these opportunities that we are able to have. 

Here are some more videos that I took.


Lincoln at his first concert, in-utero :P

 


And you are the mother
The mother of your baby child
The one to whom you gave life
And you have your choices
And these are what make man great
His ladder to the stars

But you are not alone in this
And you are not alone in this
As brothers we will stand and we'll hold your hand
Hold your hand
-'Timshel', Mumford and Sons


On another note, Lincoln and I are doing good. He gets the hiccups A LOT and weighs about 3 lbs- like a head of cabbage, and is able to regulate his own body temperature now.
 
 
10 weeks to go!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips