Friday, February 22, 2013

So close, but so much farther to go



  • How far along? 31 Weeks
  • Baby is the size of a: pineapple. Yummy :) 
  • Total weight gain/loss: 32 lbs. and definitely feeling it!
  • The Bump: it's there alright
  • Symptoms: Bad back pain kicked in this week and I am also starting to feel tired and easily exhausted, like I did during the first trimester
  • Food Cravings: Nothing specifically- just everything!
  • Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: nope
  • Sleep: lots of tossing and turning
  • What I miss: sleeping on my stomach
  • Weddings Rings On or Off: On
  • Any Names Picked Out Yet: Lincoln
  • Gender: Boy
  • Movement: Lincoln has the hiccups all of the time- even right now as a matter of fact! It is the strangest feeling, like a pulsing low in my abdomen- slower than a heartbeat but consistent like one. They usually last for a few minutes but sometimes up to 10 minutes and it happens 5-6 times during the day.
  • Maternity Clothes: wearing a mix of 'regular' clothes and maternity clothes
  • Best Moment of the Week: We are able to see Lincoln move more, whereas before it was just a kick or a punch (which are still visible), now I can see a body part move from one side of my stomach to the other. Can you say 'Freaky'? All checked out perfectly at our Dr appointment this week! Scott finished putting the crib together and I have done my first 5 loads of baby laundry- the first 5 of a gazillion, I am sure.  His room is almost ready for his arrival :) 
  • What I’m excited about/looking forward to: meeting our little one.  
  •  
    The Dr has also informed us that Lincoln is in the head-down position and will most likely stay in this position until birth. His back is on my left side and his arms and legs on my right side, which explains why I have been feeling lots of pressure under the right side of my ribs- someone is practicing his kicking in there :) Guessing from his size, the Dr says he is between 3.25-3.5 lbs right now. It's hard to believe that the Dr can tell so much just from palpating my stomach! 



    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Blogging tips