Monday, April 8, 2013

Week X


  • How far along? Who knows anymore! My count is 37, the Dr. is saying that I am at the end of 38 weeks. All that really matters at this point is that we are close to the end and the beginning :)
  • Baby is the size of a: real baby 
  • Total weight gain/loss: 39. Must be Lincoln ;)
  • The Bump: is getting some of it's very own stretch marks, just when I thought I was in the clear! Could be way worse. And, is it not totally worth it!?
  • Symptoms: restlessness, heartburn, general discomfort, lots of practice contractions, some mild swelling in my feet
  • Food Cravings: Rita's mango ice still.
  • Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: nope
  • Sleep: Thinking about calling Mr. Sandman
  • What I miss: A few things, but I have been thinking a lot how I will miss my bump once Lincoln comes :( At least I'll have someone super cute to keep my mind off of that, and as my sister emphasized to me- it's not like my belly is going away immediately ;)
  • Weddings Rings On or Off: Off.
  • Movement: A little less frequent due to his lack of wiggle room, but it is still my most favorite things in the world to feel him move!
  • Best Moment of the Week: Hearing from the Dr. that things are progressing a bit! I am now more dilated and 75% effaced (had to look that one up once we got home). He is fairly confident that we won't make it to next Thursday. Let the betting begin! 
  • What I’m excited about/looking forward to: having him in our arms, touching him and smelling his baby skin (bath first, please), seeing the cats reaction to him, everything! 



  • Mom this week: Researchers have found that brain cell volume of pregnant women in their third trimester actually decreases. In other words, hormones actually shrink your brain at this stage in pregnancy, and your brain doesn't plump back up until a few months after delivery. Choline is a good fix for this hormonal change, which is usually in most pre-natal vitamins.

    Baby this week: Sitting pretty low and definitely hitting some sensitive nerves from time to time! There is actually a term for this- "Lightning Crotch". I laughed out loud when I read this, but it describes it perfectly!  He is shedding his vernix (that white layer of protection) but will probably still have some when born, as well as shedding his baby fur, or lanugo. Lincoln is producing more surfactant, which keeps his lung sacs from sticking together as he starts to breath and is continuing to add fat. His head is now the same circumference as his abdomen. All of his organs are ready for life outside of the womb!



    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Blogging tips