Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Week 12!

We know nothing is written in pen (or is that saying 'in ink'?), but I think we both have taken a little sigh of relief knowing that we are now almost into the 2nd trimester. And as each week passes, it get a little bit more acceptable to start thinking about the nursery! We rent, so nothing too dramatic will be getting done- but what crafting, pinterest-loving, mother-to-be doesn't love dreaming of the possibilities!? My first thoughts are to decorate the room around this book:


 KIDDING! We haven't really given serious thought to nursery design but there have been some inspirations. Weirdly enough, we both have had the recent opportunity to get some of our childhood items back from out parents (Which goes to show what amazing parents we have for keeping our stuff for years and years!). Scott got back all of his baseball cards and Boy Scout items, I got some of the toys that I played with as a little one; a rattle, baby blankets as well as Trolls, dolls and LOTS of NKOTB memorabilia (that I reluctantly decided not to keep). Step by step, oo baby... anyways...Little things that bring back memories and allow us to remember bits and pieces of our wonderful childhoods. Here are a few nursery things I like:


Found a metal garbage pail similar to this at a flea market to repaint for diapers

Love the sayings on these posters, especially the first two!  From the Etsy shop HarperGrace



One of my most favorite songs of all time! From the Etsy shop TheInkSociety



Scott and I have very different backgrounds. He grew up as an 'Army brat' and got to live in far off places like Germany and Japan and got to travel to places in Europe. I grew up the same state, mostly the same house, always close to family and vacationed at US destination locations from Maine to Florida to California. I will always remember when we first started dating and I told him I had been to Disney World in FL and he respnded by saying that he had been to Euro Disney. Each of us was intrigued by the others childhood. It has had me thinking about our child's childhood and I can't wait to make it as memorable as me and Scott's combined! What better place to start a childhood than a nursery!

On another note, I am getting extremely excited about the upcoming holidays! Pumpkin decorations, Thanksgiving food and Christmas gift making!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips