Monday, December 10, 2012

Over the halfway mark!

There was an important moment in our lives this past week.  I put the first baby item in the empty room upstairs and just like that, the old office became the beginnings of a nursery. Although I just placed an item in the room- didn't paint, didn't add furniture or hang pictures- I JUST set an item down in the room, it still felt like it made the nursery real! We made our first official baby purchase this past week and when it came in the mail I just couldn't wait to see it! I have been searching for crib sheets that I could decorate the nursery around, and when I found these, Scott and I both fell in love with them (OK, Scott said he really liked them and I fell in love with them). The sheet set is a bumper-less crib set from Skip Hop and has an adorable giraffe design (did you know that the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends against crib bumpers?). I have a few decorating ideas, decorating the room around this design, but first I have to get through my finals and then enjoy the Holidays!

Skip Hop's Giraffe Safari

Baby LaCoss is the size of a pomegranate and is already getting to work on making the products of his first dirty diaper (meconium). Joy! I am not a huge fan of McDonalds but the past week or so, I have really been craving McDonald cheeseburgers. I have only indulged once and it was delicious (am I really saying that!?), but I could probably eat them for lunch every day. Actually just typing this makes me want to run out to Mickey Ds and pick up a few!

Just how I like it- just cheese and burger, nothing else.


I am feeling pretty good overall, except for my new sleep schedule. I am finding that I sleep great until about 4 am when I wake up to go to the bathroom. After that I have a very hard time falling back asleep and getting comfortable. My belly is making it uncomfortable to sleep on my stomach anymore.  I haven't always had to wake up in the middle of the night for potty breaks, but since being pregnant, and since I have started waking up to use the bathroom, it reminded me of a nighttime routine I had when I was little. I don't remember how old I was,  elementary school I would guess, and I don't remember how long I did it for, too many months in my dads eyes, I am sure. Every night I would wake up in the middle of the night and call for my dad.

"Dad"
"Daad"
"DAAAAD"

And he would wake up, come into my room and I would ask for a drink of water. A drink of water in the middle of the night, that I surely could have got up and gotten for myself! But I was consistent and called his name just about every night and he would respond just as consistently. Maybe I was getting spoiled; he could have stayed in bed, or yelled for me to go back to sleep, or even yelled for me to get my own darn drink! But he didn't. And I remember that he didn't, and it makes me realize that there are probably going to be things that Scott and I won't NEED to do, or even want to do, for our baby- but we WILL, and maybe we will do things just like my dad did for me because it will feel good to be needed by someone who you love. We will do these things because we already love him so so much.










1 comment:

Blogging tips