Thursday, December 27, 2012

A kickin' Christmas

Christmas eve snow
"Next year we will be sharing a whole new xmas experience. So happy to share it with you" This is part of Scott's note in my Christmas card he gave to me and that could not be more true. This Christmas was definitely one to remember, and the last of its kind. Next Christmas we will be focused on a baby and beginning to start our own family traditions; presents from a Santa is real once again, toys wrapped in children's paper (I already got Baby's paper for next year during an after-Christmas sale!), toys covering our floors, the struggle of getting a little boy to stay still and smile in front of the Christmas tree. It will be new and exciting, tiring I am sure, and magical but until then, I enjoyed spending Christmas with our families and having some special time together, just me and Scott.



The 3 of us


Baby Boy's little stockings hanging on my childhood stocking hook,
care of my mom





  • How far along? 23 Weeks
  • Baby is the size of a: A grapefruit
  • Total weight gain/loss: 20.9 lbs
  • The Bump: only getting bigger by the day 
  • Symptoms: can't kick the heartburn! Sore hip/groin joints too thanks to the loosening and expanding of my joints. No biggie- just my body getting ready to expel a real life baby!
  • Food Cravings: The only reason I had peanut butter fudge to take to Christmas gatherings is because I wanted it, myself! Also anything cheesy. Mac-n-cheese, cheeseburgers, a plate of melted shredded cheese will even do! OJ (which is probably not helping with the heartburn but that isn't stopping me).
  • Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: Nope but I did wake up nauseous 2 days in the past week. Eating breakfast made it better.
  • Sleep: Much better now that I have a snoogle from my wonderful husband. Its wonderful! :) Now if I could only hold my bladder through the night.
  • What I miss: sleeping on my stomach, being able to go hours before needing to hit the loo
  • Weddings Rings On or Off: On
  • Any Names Picked Out Yet: Yes, but we are keeping it a secret
  • Gender: Still a boy
  • Movement: Gave me a big Christmas wake-up kick. Scott felt the baby move on December 19 and we both saw my belly move on December 21.
  • Maternity Clothes: make me feel special and happy to be getting to wear them!
  • Labor Signs: getting a bit nervous to start feeling these. Still have a while to go though...
  • Best moment of the Week: The amazing ripple across my belly that Scott and I both saw, and thinking 'That is a baby, our baby, that is growing inside of my stomach, kicking from the INSIDE!'
  • What I am most looking forward to: Our next ultrasound! We mustn't forget how excited I am to take my glucose test this month. That's gonna SUCK be interesting. I am also pumped to start my prenatal yoga class later this month.
  • 
    
    Whoa belly!

    

     
     

    

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Blogging tips