Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Resolutions for my son

My baby boy,

New years resolutions. People make them. Break them. Stick with them and feel proud. Falter at them and feel defeated. Fail and realize that maybe it wasn't something that they wanted bad enough. I want you to know that you do not need the beginning of a new year to resolve to make changes that you want in your life. You can decide to make changes any day that you want, because life is constantly changing and to be successful in life you must be flexible, resilient and stand firm for whatever it is that you believe in and love.

However, if you decide to make new years resolutions, please know that whether you accomplish them or not, success is not always measured by one years time and that you are always capable of getting up and trying again. It is what your father and I will expect from you; to try again at anything you wish to succeed in.

I usually do not make new years resolutions, but this is what I resolve for you:

I resolve to love you with all of my heart, forever and always.
I resolve to be there for you.
I resolve to keep my calm through crying and screaming fits that you might will have. (And when I fail, I will keep trying!)
I resolve to love your father and not keep score of the # of poopy diapers each of us has changed.
I resolve to be the best mother to you that I can be, so please bear with us - we've never done this before.

Love you - to the moon and back,
Mom


2013 is going to be a big year for us, bringing a new baby into our lives. We will face hardships and incredible joys. I will tackle being a mommy while taking on work and school, and surely be grateful for having a wonderful husband and family. We will be tested and tried, but be given the most amazing gift at the same time. 2013 is going to be a big year for us. Ready or not, here we go!


16 weeks to go!

This week Baby LaCoss' inner ear is developed, therefore giving him a sense of balance, and so he is able to tell whether he is upside down or right side up in there. His face is almost completely formed, even his little eyelashes (which I am hoping he gets from his father- long beautiful lashes). He is now gaining weight at an average of 6 ounces per week and I am only getting bigger and bigger!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips