Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!


Each second we live is a new and unique moment of the universe, a moment that will never be again And what do we teach our children? We teach them that two and two make four, and that Paris is the capital of France. When will we also teach them what they are?

We should say to each of them: Do you know what you are? You are a marvel. You are unique. In all the years that have passed, there has never been another child like you. Your legs, your arms, your clever fingers, the way you move. You may become a Shakespeare, a Michelangelo, a Beethoven. You have the capacity for anything.

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.

- Henry David Thoreau

Week 18: This week our little baby is forming its very own set of fingerprints and toe prints. These will be unique to our baby and unlike any other human on earth. Baby LaCoss is already so unique and special. I can't wait to tell my baby just how special he/she is. This week, when the lure of good sales may feel so overwhelming, it is important to remember just how thankful you are for everything that you do have.
This Thanksgiving, and every day I am Thankful for parents that brought me up with good humor, a lust for life, a curiosity about nature, love and kindness, and so much more. 
I am thankful that I have a sister who is one of my best friends, along with my mother. They're the two best friends that anyone could have :) 
I am thankful that I am ale to call my Grammy one of my best friends too. I love her to the moon & back times infinity plus 10. 
I am thankful that my father was and is a great man and showed me how a girl should be treated.
I am thankful that I found Scott, a man who treats me great and is my equal. 
I am thankful I have a job that has meaning and a boss that is nice to me.
I am thankful that my in-laws aren't crazy and that I am able to love them like my own without even trying.
I am thankful for my wonderful nieces and nephew, who made me realize that I wanted to give them a cousin.
I am thankful for true friendships, old and new. 
I am thankful for Pinterest, Pepto cherry chews, dirty vodka martinis (even though it will be 6 months or so before I have one again) my cats- who love me unconditionally, but most of all
I am thankful to be carrying this blessing of a child, who I will love unconditionally and will love me the same (or else...!), who is half of me and half of the love of my life, and who is unique and unlike any other person in this world. 

What are you thankful for?

Never forget that you are one of a kind. Never forget that if there weren’t any need for you in all your uniqueness to be on this earth, you wouldn’t be here in the first place. And never forget, no matter how overwhelming life’s challenges and problems seem to be, that one person can make a difference in the world. In fact, it is always because of one person that all the changes in the world come about. So be that person.

-Buckminster Fuller

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Blogging tips